Click Up+ is an innovative belay device with manual bracking, evolution of the well-established Click Up model, that has been available to the public for seven years now. Designed specifically for indoor and crag climbing, it can be used with all dynamic single ropes in the 8.5 to 11 mm Ø range. Lightweight and compact, it allows for belaying a leader or a top-roping climber, both hands handling the rope.
The new CLICK UP + design boasts the following advantages:
- more effective in paying out rope, a process that is now quick and smooth, thanks to the new geometry of the body and to a new carabiner holding layout (patent pending);
- more comfortable for top-rope belays, especially when used with indoor climbing ropes, thanks to the new geometry of the side plates;
- even safer, thanks to the V-Proof System (patent pending) that reduces the chance of error due to incorrect handling of the rope while braking;
- more ergonomic, thanks to the new shape of the outer body;
- it allows the belayer to arrest a fall simply holding the free end of the rope with the braking hand;
- it allows the belayer to lower the partner off by applying a slight pressure over the device, while keeping under tension the free end of the rope with the braking hand;
- it ensures effective belaying even if the rope is incorrectly installed in the device (the strands of the rope are inverted) thanks to specific V-shaped, tapered, friction notches.
Caution: read carefully the device instructions before use.
Click Up is supplied and must be used together with the specific HMS carabiner Concept SGL HC, with wear-resistant anodizing and ACL system that prevents the possibility of minor-axis cross-loading.